Thursday, June 4, 2009

Welding


We are in the final week of the Spring quarter here at Evergreen and I'm scrambling to finish the frame of the machine The following pictures show the Metal Shop, Welding, and some tools I have been using to build it.

This is the TIG (Tungston Inert Gas) torch. It holds the Tungston steel that acts as the electrode.

Here is a mill that I used to mill a track for the seat mount.

Here is a picture of me welding on the seat mount to the frame. (above and below)
Here is a picture of a pipe clamp. This little fella has been worth it's weight in gold. I've been cutting all of the tubes with a hack saw and coping them with files while holding the tubes with this clamp. Everybody constantly tells me that I could do it faster using a grinding wheel, but I enjoy the precision and the work out of doing it with my arms. Believe that.
This is a picture of the sand blaster. Those circular holes in the machine are where your hands stick in. It always reminds me of the beginning of the Simpsons where Homer is holding the plutonium.

1 comment:

  1. I always think of Homer whenever I'M using the sandblaster. Great job on everything! You'd kick ass in craft/art school. Be sure to say hi if you come to P-town this summer. --Kate

    ReplyDelete